Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week Nine Picks

Sorry for getting these up so late, but at least they are in before game time.

New York Jets (+5.5) @ Buffalo: I don't think the Jets will look awful for a third week in a row, especially for such a big divisional game. The Bills should win but this one will be close.

Detroit @ Chicago (-12.5): I won't pick the Lions under any circumstance until they win or lose by three or fewer points. The Bears may come out flat at home after a bye week against a weak opponent but they will wake up.

Jacksonville (-9) @ Cincinnati: Similar situation with the Bengals, I refuse to pick them. The Jaguars need this one bad and shouldn't let Ryan Fitzpatrick get in their way.

Baltimore @ Cleveland (-1): This is a toss up. The Browns are playing like a lot of people thought they would and they should win a big division game at home to get back at .500%

Tampa Bay (-9.5) @ Kansas City: I've seen this movie before. Last week was the time for the Chiefs to win but they couldn't finish the deal. The Bucs will role on the road.

Houston (+4.5) @ Minnesota: I think the Vikings can and should win this game, but there is enough of a chance that the Texans will do well that I will pick them. Andre Johnson has been out of his mind lately and the team is playing well.

Arizona (-3) @ St. Louis: This one has me stumped. I usually pick against the Cardinals on the road but I will break from the trend. The NFC West just needs one team to step up and stake claim to the division.

Green Bay (+4.5) @ Tennessee: Yes I doubt the Titans. I think they will have a slight hangover effect from winning the big Monday nighter and basically clinching the division. The Packers will want this one more.

Miami (+3) @ Denver: Most signs point to the Broncos on this one but I will take the Dolphins. They want to establish the run with Ronnie Brown and then exploit a weak secondary. Joey Porter hopes to keep the defense intact against a high scoring offense.

No comments: