Monday, October 06, 2008

Week Six Picks

Last Week: 7-5-2 I hate those three point spreads that lead to many ties, but I'll take being over .500% for a second consecutive week.

Season to Date: 32-40-3 Slowly becoming respectable

Chicago (-3) @ Atlanta: I like what Atlanta has done, but the Bears are quietly playing real well and know that the NFC North can be theirs. They should take care of business.

Oakland @ New Orleans (-7.5): I'm always on the Saints bandwagon and they usually let me down. They are at home again and should have a sense of urgency. I'm not too confident though.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay (-1): This is a crucial NFC South battle early in the year. Both teams have surprised me but I like the Bucs to play well on their home field.

St. Louis (+13.5) @ Washington: I will probably regret this but I feel this is a trap game for the Redskins. They are coming off two huge divisional battles and the Rams are coming off a bye with a new coach. The Redskins will avoid total embarrassment but I don't think they will cover.

Cincinnati (+6) @ New York Jets: This is another one I may smack myself for later but I just feel the Bengals are ready to win and the Jets will continue their inconsistent play.

Detroit @ Minnesota (-13.5): The Vikings must start to play better if they want to keep up with the Bears. That starts with a smooth victory over the hapless Lions.

Miami @ Houston (-3): If I was an actual gambler, I would go nowhere near this game. We don't know if the Dolphins are for real and we don't know if the Texans are that bad. This one can go anywhere.

Baltimore @ Indianapolis (-4): Indianapolis just has to play better at some point. Plus they are 0-2 in their new building this year and they desperately want to please the fans. The Ravens are improved but don't have the offense rolling yet.

Jacksonville @ Denver (-3.5): I'm disappointed in the Jags, as I picked them to win the AFC South. This is a great opportunity for them to step up and announce themselves again but I just don't think they will keep pace with the Denver offense.

Dallas @ Arizona (+5): The Cardinals have played extremely well at home and they should be fired up for America's team. I'm not sure if they get the win but this should be a close game.

Philadelphia (-4.5) @ San Francisco: I don't know what to think about this one. I'll go with the best division in football, the NFC East.

Green Bay @ Seattle (-1): I don't know what happened to either of these teams. I thought they would both be better than where they are at now. I'll go with the home team.

New England (+6) @ San Diego: I know the Chargers are better than what they have shown and they will be fired up for the Patriots but I also think the Patriots are quietly very confident for this one. It should be a tight affair.

New York Giants @ Cleveland (+9): The Browns are at home for a prime time game and they just have to play well at some point. The boost of Donte' Stallworth will also help make this a good game.

No comments: